It’s been rare this year that I cook for myself a meal I might enjoy. For the first time in a very long time, I cooked a meal just for me. Very sad Ben was not there to enjoy it with me, but because he wasn’t I added all the spicy stuff I could get my hungry little paws on! I put this together because it’s all I had and it ended up being AMAZING. Or perhaps, I was just very hungry!
Here’s the recipe, give it a whirl!
- Skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Taco seasoning and any kind of red peppery delicious hot seasoning
- Bell pepper
- Green chili (I used unroasted Hatch green chili)
- Beer and/or chicken broth
- White rice
Here’s the recipe:
- I butterflied 2 chicken breasts to make 4 and threw them in a hot pan with oil.
- I started some white jasmine rice in my rice maker
- I added an entire packet of taco seasoning to my chicken, salt and some other seasonings to make it very HOT.
- I added the bell peppers and green chili (including the part containing all the seeds cause I’m a freak)
- After letting it cook for a small amount of time, flipping chicken often.. I added beer and chicken broth. Just enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- When the chicken was almost done, I added some cilantro.
- When your rice is done, put the chicken and the sticky sauce over the rice.
It’s BOMB, very simple and takes about 10-15 minutes!
Let me know what you think!